Chances are you’ve developed at least a simple client avatar. You know their business, their age, their income and education levels.
You know where they live and how many kids they have and what their biggest dreams are.
But do you really know what drives them?
We’re not talking about just what they wants (we all want more money and free time) but more importantly, you need to know what their biggest pain points are. Figure this out, and you’ll not only be able to better create programs to help her, but your sales copy will dramatically improve as well.
Think about it—if you’re uncomfortable with technology, and once in a DIY mood you destroyed your website during a simple update, then website management becomes a huge pain point for you.
Now imagine you find a VA who not only works with WordPress, but who calmly shares examples of how she’s rescued client websites after such disasters.
She’s clearly addressed your biggest pain point, and you’re sold!
The same is true for your potential clients. Show them you can help them avoid those pain points—or better yet, eliminate them completely—and you’ll forge an instant bond.
Now you may already have a good idea what causes your clients pain, but if not, you have plenty of ways to find out.
• Talk to them. What do they most often ask or complain about?
• Listen in on forums, on social media, and other places your audience hangs out. What are they struggling with?
• Reader surveys. These can be a rich source of information in any market.
• Pay special attention to the words and phrases your readers use to describe their troubles.
• Keep an eye on your competition. What pain points are they addressing?
Once you’ve uncovered your ideal clients’ biggest pain points, you’ll have a powerful tool that you can use not only in your sales copy, but it will also help define your programs and service offerings.
If you can help your clients overcome the most painful issues they face—whether it’s a lack of self-confidence or a fear of public speaking—you’ll instantly become a more valuable resource in your niche.
And when you incorporate those same pain points in your sales copy, your conversions will dramatically increase as well.
Share this article:
Want strategies to add 100 new subscribers to your list in the next 30 days?
Get our free email series, Audience Builder Ninja.
Want some strategies to add 100 new subscribers to your list in the next 30 days? Get our free email series, Audience Builder Ninja.
1. click on this link 👉 GET ACCESS TO THE NEW MEMBERSHIP HERE 👈
2. click on “forgot your password” to generate a new profile
3. look for an email in (check spam if you don’t see it) to set up a password
4. enjoy the new ABA experience ☺
If you have any trouble at all, drop us a line to [email protected] and we’ll help you get set up.
Fill in your details and we’ll get back to you in no time.